Habits Weight Watchers Should Avoid
Some of us just put on weight endlessly and yet some others, have a tendency to put on weight, but maintain it! Some others, have difficulty putting on weight. This shows that there are different types of people in the world, with different metabolic rates, different eating habits, lifestyle and body types. But the underlying truth is that some of us have certain habits because of which it becomes impossible to lose those extra pounds. These habits must be avoided or at least tweaked so that a healthy BMI is maintained and you lead a healthy life!
- What do you do when you go a near by buffet? Do you grab the biggest plate on the buffet or tend to go for the smaller ones. Buffets are usually unlimited and obese or high BMI rate people tend to gravitate towards larger plates. If you are a weight watcher and want to lose pounds or at least be healthy, go for the smaller plate – automatically you will pile on less food
- Have you noticed that you tend to eat with your eyes first. Thus sitting right next to the food or a buffet (where you can see tonnes of food) is not a very good idea
- Research says that taking a pause or a breather in between consumption of food, allows the body to digest and send you signals that it is satiated and full! If you eat non-stop, you miss out on these signals and tend to overeat (not a great thing is you want to shed the extra baggage around your waist!)
- Have you observed that oriental people are thinner and have a great metabolic rate? Do you think it has anything to do with chopsticks and fork usage. Studies show that eating with chopsticks is more difficult than a fork and hence if you eat with chopsticks, the chances of you over indulging are negligible!
- Do not skip breakfast or else you tend to pile up on your lunch and dinner (which is not good at all!)
Leading a healthy lifestyle and taking care of your eating habits is a must to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. You do not even have to change drastically (in most cases) – just tweak your habits and lifestyle and voila! You are on your way to lead a healthy life.
Healthy eating habits are a must if you want to lead a healthy lifestyle!